Monday, October 10, 2011

October 1-8 My AMAZING Trip Home

Wow- where to start. I went home for a week (flew on Continental for a nominal fee direct from GDL to SFO in four hours at 6 in the AM). My dad picked me up at the airport and we headed straight to Callan's AYSO soccer game then I got my older brother and his new fiance, Masha, at the airport that night.

Sunday we had a party for John with all his friends and our family friends/ neighbors. It was great to have him home and to celebrate his engagement since he hasn't been home in three years!





Monday I spent time with Lenore (like a second mother to me) and then for dinner we went to my aunt's for taco dinner...mmmm more Mexican food, haha.












Tuesday John, Masha, and I went into the city and had a full day and night of exploring. We went to See's candies, an art gallery, Tiffany's, Aquarium, Pier 29, Union square and haight for dinner. Masha touched a shark and was super excited. I got to see my good good friend Priscilla for lunch at the slanted door in the ferry building and loved it!
























Wednesday I had lunch with my good friend Ryan and we had a lazy day around the house and I watch a movie with my little brother, little Callan is so not little anymore. He is 11 and getting to be a big kid. Masha made a russian soup with beets that was amazing.






Thursday was great as well I got to see a good family friend Kathryn Hohl and we got to catch up and later I worked on my thesis. Then Friday I had dinner with Lenore's second oldest son who is like a brother to me. I got to be with his six month old Avery who is flippin adorable. Then Saturday Masha was cooking dumplings, chicken and cake all day for a goodbye dinner and we all went to the Stanford Football game in the afternoon. Of course they won against Colorado, then we had our big family dinner (and I had meat- chicken, for the first time intentionally in five year). What can I say it smelled really good and I only had a little bit.








Then I took a quick 3.5 hour flight at 12am to 5am back to GDL and rested up Sunday for work on Monday. It was just what I needed to relax, recuperate and reevaluate my work here in Mexico. I feel much more composed and level headed, since work was starting to really get to me. The people I work with are great but we definitely have professionalism and respect issues.




Here is to five more months of field work!!

1 comment:

  1. How great that you got to see your new sister-in-law in your home town!! I love that you had tacos, haha

    ReplyDelete