Monday, November 7, 2011

Sunday at el Tianguis

Today was great, I slept in had a little breakfast and got dressed for the day. I met my best friend Susy and her brother (one of five- who I am actually subconsciously in love with!) who picked me up under the arches of Zapopan in his little Chevy. It was nice to get a ride since they live super far, about an hour on the bus from where I live but still in GDL. So As I was in the back of the car, we caught up and were laughing with the windows down and my hair blowing everywhere- I love it because the its about 80 here during the day and like eternal summer. We headed to the market/tianguis where they sell EVERYTHING from socks to mascara to garlic and pears. We did fruit and veggie shopping for the family after eating a little (gorditas de queso y churros), we ran into some friends of Carlos', tried little pancakes filled with cajeta which are typical in the markets, got bumped into and grabbed more than a several times (it happens in close quarters and especially wearing a dress), looked at some illegally burned and made DVDs, then Carlos bought me some cough medicine at the pharmacy (as I have had this throat thing for about a week now), and ended up with a small car full of every fruit and veggies imaginable that will last for a week for five people in the Almaraz family. Carlos paid for everything, even my cough medicine- you can see why I am in love with him huh?! Then he opens the door for me and his sister- tan caballeroso (gentlemanlike- what can I say, it's a little different here in Mexico). Oh, then they send me home with a bag of two of each fruit and veggie- it's nice to be taken care of here by my Mexican family! A good start to the week...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Davey! Sounds like a great day! I love the local fruit here too! miss you!

    ReplyDelete