Friday, March 9, 2012

Adios Guadalajara

I am back in the Bay Area and already started missing speaking spanish, missing the family life style, the kids of CODENI, and the Mexican policy that anything goes. What I don't miss is the pollution, the crazy drivers, the lack of organization at CODENI in my field work, the lack of appreciation and respect at work, unreliable internet, not getting paid hah and always being challenged and having to explain myself for being American or having the "liberal" views I have. So it pretty much evens out. What I missed about CA was how easy it is to live in the culture and community you know and grew up in, making money, my family, being comfortable, having all my stuff in one place, my friends, my house, and the California mentality. What I didn't miss about CA and the US is the elitist mentality, excess of technology and wealth, spoiled little kids, politics (especially republican presidential debates hah), the tough job search, and crazy family drama. But all in all, I am happy to be back in CA after a couple of years of being gone. I am excited to be able to travel, work again and graduate from my masters degree on May 20th!! Though I do have to finish my thesis first....wish me luck!

Here are some final pics with friends in Tequila the week before I left. Man I am going to miss it....










No comments:

Post a Comment