Friday, February 13, 2009

A Typical Day

Yesterday, Wednesday February 11th, was a great day. I had class in the morning with my good friend Kate, social and political philosophy, had a nice lunch with Kate, then went back to my room to do a little work to prepare for my crazy afternoon. At 2:00 I had a meeting with my supervisor on campus for my Advocate for Community Engagement job at the Office of Service-Learning and Community Action, then I took the 38 on Geary down to the Tenderloin where I did service at my community partner, the Glide Foundation, for my job-- I do something different each week after meeting with my supervisor there, but I spent time with the 3rd to 5th graders after school program and helped with homework. There were the cutest little girls, Ruby, Emily, Katia and then Cordell a little spunky 5th grade boy. After service I took the bus back to school for my meeting with the assistant hall director in my building and my co-RA on my floor to talk about programming, since each RA has to put on five programs for the residents each semester. Then twenty minutes later we had our in hall RA meeting that we have every week from 6-8 and I got to see all my co-workers loverly faces!
It was a good and busy / productive day...oh the joys of being in college!!! only three months left...

No comments:

Post a Comment