Monday, June 29, 2009

Paris!

Mary Ellen, Denali and I arrived in Paris from Shannon, Ireland after planes trains and automobiles. We woke up really early the 27th of June to drive four hours to the airport, then we hopped on a flight, and boy do they pack you in on ryanair, and got to Paris to a small airport...form there an hour bus ride, a 40 minute metro, a t10 minute taxi and then some walking to the hotel we arrived at a really nice one! It was worth it!

We are staying in the Saint Germain neighborhood and had a nice dinner in the area and woke up early on Sunday to start our visit! From mass at the Notre Dame to the Louvre we walked all around the Seine river. Mary Ellen and her granddaughter Denali, Mj;s sisters daughter who is 14, went on a boat ride while i met my good friend Noemie. She was my french roommate in DC studying at AU last spring just to remind you. I met her at the Opera and we shopped a little in the summer sales...I came to Paris at the right time! Then we had the best ice cream in Paris where we waited 20 minutes for two amazing chocolate and coffee scoops. Since its hot here we sat byt he river where people just hang out, then walked more and more...I swear that woman can walk forever. It was a great day.

Monday...today, was great as well. The three of us started out shopping in Saint Germain and I got some nice white linen pants since it is soooo hot. Then we visited the Luxembourg gardens and stuck out feet in the fountain...and on our way out we heard classical music and singing...we stopped by and thought oh how great a little concert with higher schoolers in the park. Then they start singing America the Beautiful and we are like wow we thought the French hate Americans...but it ends up being a music group from Cinncinatti...weird. Then we walked aroudn the Ile de St. Louis, the little island behind the Notre Dam, and Mary Ellen bought me a beautiful brown parisian purse for graduation!! I love relatives. After being convinced to keep walking we took the metro to walk around the Sacre Coeur and Monmartre...after a pasta dinner I am satisfied!

I'll keep you updated....

Bisous du Paris

No comments:

Post a Comment