Friday, August 27, 2010

My first week in Boston

A lot has happened since I arrived a little more than a week ago when i arrived- its seems like ages since that flight got in and my roommate picked me up! We had Orientation from Friday to Sunday all day, then academic advising from Monday to Weds. and have been into Boston a couple of times- once to Charles Street and another to walk around and explore Campbridge and do some work at a cafe near Porter Square. Thursday was my first day of classes, I had Rights Based Approach to Development from 9-12 and really enjoyed it, especially after working at an International Human Rights organization for the last 6 months. My classes next week are: Gender and Development, Threats to Development: Climate Change, Poverty Inequalities & Development, and Planning and Implementation. I am really excited to be taking a full load of 16 units and I am going to try and audit an undergrad Spanish conversation class if there is enough space! It is awesome being in grad school which such interesting people from all over- Nigeria, Kenya, Belize, Peru, Mexico!

No comments:

Post a Comment