Monday, August 30, 2010

New Adventures in Boston

This three day weekend was awesome! It started out meeting a group of friends in the program at this horrible restaurant like Applebees called 99 right near campus, but we wanted somewhere a little more original so we went to Main and Moody to a pub called Mad Raven and had about 12 of us sitting around a table with the typical sports playing around us on the screens. Good fries and Hefeweisen! Then we headed to play pool on Moody street, the main street by our school and checked out the dance scene at Club Waltham nearby! I tell you those Africans from my program are good dancers!

Then Saturday, Kristina my roommate and I went to our place at 81 Cushing (because we are still subleasing) and met our other roommate! His name is Sam Slater and he is super nice, from Baltimore, and likes camping, exploring cities, skiing and sports- so we are happy! His family moved him in which is really cute too! So we met all of them and our landlord is really a nice guy, in the army reserves and super accommodating. After unloading Ktina's car into the basement (yes, the first place I have lived with a basement!!!) we picked up some friends- Ellen and Lindsay in the Coexistence and Conflict / Sustainable International Development program and headed into Boston to meet my friend Vessi. Vessi is from Bulgaria and has a great accent, and we studied together at American University in DC three years ago! So she showed us around and we walked from Park Street around the Boston Common and the State House to the main touristy street to the wharf and then to the North End where an awesome Italian festival was going on. We had really yummy pizza at this corner place then went out to see the night life back near Harvard!
It's fun too because Kristina is all about taking jump shot pics (she did it all over the US on her road trip a few weeks ago) and its fun...when we are settled in our apartment you will see them when I have time to put them up!

Then today, Sunday, I just read and applied to some jobs- just part time! Though I have to say, I am subleasing an apartment where 3 chinese ladies who go to Brandeis live and it is quite entertaining- well I don't know if that is the right word. One moved out at 9am this morning- not cool! Another has long black hair which ends up all over the apartment and I never know when I will hear them yelling at each other in Chinese- which sounds very angry as it is.....yes, entertaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment