Saturday, December 11, 2010

Presentations..then Finals!

This week was craziness! 15 hour days at school, presentations, papers, and bears oh my! It started on Sunday when I have 6 hours of class in NGOs: Strategic Planning because the director of SID, my program, who teaches the class was in China for two weeks so we had to make up the sessions. Then Monday I had a Geographic Information Science presentation about mapping indicators like % of GDP spent on education in peru, then Tuesday we had class and group meetings to prepare for presentations. Wednesday I worked in the morning then had our big Planning and Implementation of projects class presentations based on our group project proposals we have been working on all semester- it went really well and the donor committee evaluating us had great comments and suggestions. Then Thursday morning I had NGOs: Strat planning presentation based on our recommendations to improve an organization, we chose Akili Dada, the organization I worked for in Kenya- then I had a final in Ecology right after. Friday- was a nice break, I had a little work meeting and have been hanging out since. Now I just have to finish and Economy final, a Poverty final which are both essays, a website for GIS presenting my work/maps then a final version of our group project proposal and a speech for Communications for Impact then I can dream of Christmas, California and the Galapagos.

Yes- I am headed to the Galapagos Islands right off the coast of Ecuador with MJ's mom, Mary Ellen for 10 days! And right before I will be flying to Rio de Janeiro before for a couple days just to see it! I can't believe I studies Latin America and will be working there hopefully next year and I have never been there...crazy right!? Anyways...I gotta power through this work then I am off....

No comments:

Post a Comment