Monday, October 29, 2007

End of October

This week has been interesting...steph left, I got sick (and went to the doctor today and apparently have a throat infection of some sort, just a little painful), the clock went back an hour, and we are not celebrating Halloween! What a wierd month. Although I hear from home that my dog is going to be Yoda- not my first pick of costumes! So I also got reprimanded from Conchi today about why I did not go out this weekend...um hello sick! Since she gave me hot milk and honey I think she thinks I was cured, definitely not! Since she goes off to her mountain village every week it is a nice break for me and I get some quiet time without her crazy singing in a capella! I got to actually cook for myself this weekend too, who would have thoguht that I would have wanted to actually cook! No I lover her cooking but I was craving good scrambled eggs and grilled cheeses!
She makes great food though, like lentil soup, garbanzo bean soup (if that is even what it is), vegetable puree (I think is the name), yummy mixed veggies, rice with tomato sauce. And it is never alone...Conchi hates sad food she calls it. Like a salad with nothing in it is sad, so she put tomato and cucumber. Or soup alone is sad, she says "que triste", so we always have fresh bread, soup or something and salad and maybe something else! Definitely a good well rounded meal. The this afternoon when she came home for siesta and to cook lunch (which is definitely the biggest and most important meal of the day, in addition to dinner) she said you eat nothing, you don't eat fruit and I was like I had 4 oranges, 3 apples and a peach (with the help of my friends who come over and eat my food all the time since I can never eat all she leaves me on the weekends alone!) and she was like that is nothing! Crazy I tell ya.
But this weekend should be fun, Matt, Nikki and I are headed to Barcelona for four nights to explore...Matt and I decided to pay a little extra for an hour flight while Nikki is taking a seven hour train for half the price as our flights...I think I will pass!

No comments:

Post a Comment