Sunday, December 30, 2007

The holidays in California

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I know everybody always says this but the time went by so fast, I feel it was just yesterday that It was sunny and warm, oh wait it is always sunny and warm in California! Actually my family and I went tot he beach about an hour south of us to a little campsite with really comfy cabins called Coastanoa. It was very nice, we stayed the night before Christmas eve and spent time with some family friends, 2 boys callans age, and played futball and walked along the beach adn watched the sunset and the rise of the full moon. The we left the next morning and spent Christmas eve at the Hohl's house, just like every year. We saw Santa (Josh and Ben Hohl's grandpa (my old next door neighbors and best friends growing up)). Callan had a ball and thought it was actually santa, this may be his last year believing!
Christmas Day was great too. John came home unexpectedly, a very nice surprise when I found out I had to go pick him up from the airport. So we all woke up around 7:30 and even before that Callan was opening his stocking with Pokemon inside. John made his way to our newly arranged living room, since the kitchen remodel last summer, with his comforter wrapped around himself only in his boxers, a tradition. We all got great presents- john got a bunch of socks this Christmas instead of a bunch of sweats like every year, I got shoes, a purse etc. and the callan received a WII from Santa!!! He was so excited and screamed of joy and glee when he saw it. So we all had a game of tennis hitting the ball with our controller racket and flinging our arms in the air. That night we had a family dinner with My dad parents and his sister and brother in law. They were excited to see me after five months since I left in August. MJ made a great lasagna with a sausage tofu thing for John and I since we are vegetarians. He just started a couple of months ago since all his roommates are and he says he actually wants to appreciate meat, like really kill an animal then eat it, who knows- weird!
Just waiting for New Years then the 8th or 9th I will head to Washington DC!

No comments:

Post a Comment