Monday, December 31, 2007

La Salida de Bilbao con Mi Familia

Conchi drove John and I to the dove airport, white and architecturally designed after a dove, and parked the car at the drop off zone worrying about nothing, with her dog inside waiting patiently and faithfully, and walked us inside. On the ride over she was telling how “me muero” she would die if she traveled like I did. She would get lost and never be able to visit the states, although she wants to visit someday, because she does not know any English. I have taught her however some words: silly, cowboys and okay (it makes more sense in our context but there a couple words she knows). After checking in we went to the cafĂ© for coffee and fresh donuts. Yet again Conchi feeds me a huge amount of amazing food! So we began to talk about the last three and a half months and how content she is with life and how she has learned a lot from me, like everyone who lives with someone else learns a lot. She started to tear up and said a couple of time ah I don’t want to cry. But sadly, I did not see any tears. She said I always have a place to stay when I come to Bilbao and that I should come next august maybe and I can stay with her and John too so he can learn Spanish.
This morning I met Nikki for a Napolitana (a chocolate croissant) in Casco Viejo where just pedestrians can go on the cobbled stone streets. We had pastries walked around, sent my final post cards and said goodbye after having a flashback of all out great times.

No comments:

Post a Comment