Tuesday, May 6, 2008

May 4th

So in leaving DC and deciding that a trip to Europe as originally planned would not work out especially since John and Devon's 10 day trip to Germany and the Ukraine turned into Devon's solo week trip to Germany, I thought I better wait until I graduate for a longer trip to Europe and maybe Asia. So on my way home I though I would stop in Kansas where my Mother's family is and say hello to the great granny and cousin, Sammy. However flights from Chicago, which is where I was stuck on Sunday were all full to everywhere I could think of flying. So I took the last flight of the day out to San Jose and if I did not make it, I would have had to sleep in the airport that night...no I would have gone to a hotel, but thankfully a nice United employee gav eme the last seat on the plane. Literally, the last...I was in the very back of the plane in the far left corner (at least I got on a flight and was not on the aisle where you have to turn your head away because the bathroom smells). So oddly enough John was flying from LA back to Salt Lake City but couldn't get on any flights either so he ended up flying to Oakland. Funny how things turn out and that we bnoth came home on the same night. So he got in and took the train to Atherton, luckily I get VIP private car service and someone in my family always picks me up...no public transportation when I am home! John came and got me in San Jose and then I drove him out today to SFO to fly back to Salt Lake city. That is the trick I have figured out not to be homesick...come home for visits (short enough not to get into any trouble!) Then I am flying out to Kansas tomorrow and will come home in time for our annual mothers day celebration on Sunday in Atherton with the Grandparents, Aunt Kit and Uncle Tom, MJ's mother, Mary Ellen who is in town for Callan's First Communion. Fun Fun!! will post soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment