Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My First Days in Nicaragua

So I arrived on Saturday in the morning and Mariana, the program coordinator,and Maria, the program director, were amongst the long line of people waiting outside the glass dorrs for all the peopet o come off the flight from Houstin. Right when I got off the plane, I felt the steamy humid air and had to smile, because I knew the weather was going to make it interesting while I am here. After the twelve hour journey of arriving dirty with all our bags and going through customs, waiting in line it was great to meet these two great women. Mariana is so great, she is 23 and is from Puerto Rica and went to Bard College in New York and speaks english and spanish perfectly. Though it is funny listening to her speak and not pronounce any S in her works. That is very common here. Maria has her PHD, does not speak any enlgish, has three kids and is amazing. SO we got into our Mirco bus with all our luggage and drove through Managua to our very luxurious hotel, meaing not many bugs, being served food and towels provided with actual running water that is nice and cold and a big supply of purified water. CasaSan Pedro was nice. We were there for two nights. I will write more later because I am being kicked off by Jolie, someone in my gorup who wants to use the computer. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment