Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Fiestas, Futbol, and Fun in 3 Countries!

We have been here in Sanavastre in the valley of Cerdanya for a little over a week and so much has happened. We have had picnics in the mountains, dinners at our house, paella parties, and swimming, all with my family here and about fifty other ones...well almost, almost everyday we are with about ten other kids and five or four other couples out on an excursion for the day. It´s funny too how all the parties seem to end up at our house, and while I am really only oblidged to be with Monica and Claudia, I am always surrounded by 8 or ten cute spanish kids. Alejo, Blanca, Francesc, and Marta being among my favorites.

Our latest adventures consists of swimming in Andorra today. We started out in Spain and drove 50 kilometers to Andorra and while the girls and Gemma and Felipe went swimming at a huge indoor pool complex, I was walking around (still on my bum foot with three stitches on the bottom) and then we had lunch (from about 3-4:30 which is typical) at a French restaurant and drove back home to Cerdanya through France. Three countries in one day, I think that is a record! Andorra is known for their shopping pretty much, and their great skiing. It is pretty much an outdoor mall with la calle principal full of shops with perfume, watches, clothes, shoes and anything you could dream of. The mountains were beautiful in the pyrenees, and Andorra is the only country with the official language beign Catalan, which is what everyone speaks here in Cataluña in Spain. It also rained on the way back from France which made me happy since I love the rain, and it has been pretty hot here lately.

Futbol...I was telling Felipe and Gemma how I want to see a soccer game in Barcelona while I am here and conviently, the dined with the Vice President of the team the other night...and the guy was nice enough to offer box seats to his friends at the table and Felipe, says, oh no, thanks but I dont like soccer....and hearing his response a few hours later I smacked him and he goes, oh ¨ostras, I forgot you like soccer.¨ I was just imaging sitting in awesome seats with cool spanairds...but no, aha anyways I will get there somehow...

We are here for another week and then we head back to Barcelona and I get my stitches out! So a few more days of bike and horseback riding for the girls and hasta luego mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment