Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Kings of Odessa

As I read the novel Kings of Odessa written about Issac Babel, the great Odessan writer, and his life, I prepare to go to Odessa to see my brother. With names like Nadya and Natasha I am excited to see a whole new culture in eastern europe- one of the many places I have not been. I cannot wait to see my brother. I leave July 15th and will be with him for only a couple days but I am sure I will cry when I see him. I am so excited to meet his girlfriend Masha and all his friends that he opened his hostel with.

From Odessa I will head straight to Nairobi to meet up with my mentor Wanjiru and other interns and members of Akili Dada's Board of Directors for our 10 day strategic planning conference on where to take the organization in the next 5 years.

I can't wait! See you August 1st when I come back!

www.akilidada.org

No comments:

Post a Comment