Friday, October 1, 2010

A Week Full of News

Alright, I either have to start posting everyday or these posts are going to be very long! After the redsox, which was a blast, I had my birthday party where 25 or so of my friends from Heller, my program, came to my apartment, and all dressed in red- because that is my favorite color and it was a red themed party! So my friend Ahn brought a red velvet cake, Alex brought chocolate, I made a yellow cake, Carolina brought red wine, my roomie Kristina made red margaritas and Travis had vodka cranberries just to name a few. It was a great 23rd celebration- though I am not sure how I feel about that number- its somewhat obsure. And all my friends from SF called or wrote to me on Facebook which was very sweet.

Then this last week of September has been a week of news. My good family friend Mikey Horowitz, who has been like a brother to me growing up (I used to go to their house when I was little every week for dinner and homework help, and a swim in their pool)- but he told me he and Michelle, his adorable Venezuelan wife, are PREGNANT! HE called on my bday and said "Devon- you are going to have a nephew!" I am soo excited, because who know when I will be an auntie when John has kids and I adore Mikey and MIchelle. So the baby will be born in March and maybe I can sneak away from reading and writing constantly here at Brandeis to be there for the birth.

In other news, my good friend Noemie from France, who I studied with at AU in DC for a semester and also spend New Years 2009 with in Paris, is coming to visit. She loves the US and is soo excited to see Boston and just found out her work is sending her here, so I get her for three whole days!

Som sad news as well....I just found out my Uncle Tom (My dad's brother-in-law, Kit's husband) has kidney cancer. He had surgery last week and is recovering okay but it is still really scary. LOVE YOU UNCLE TOM! THis last year at home has been really nice to spend time and get closer with my Aunt Kit and Uncle Tom. THey are such fun, vibrant, beautiful people!

I am really excited to this weekend to go to the biggest and oldes fair in New England! It;s called the Deerfield Fair and I think this is the 134th fair in history- and there will be everything from hay mazes to swine contests to fair rides! I will post pictures next time!

A month and a half into my 2 year Master;s degree in Sustainable International Development and I am proud that I have done great New Englander things like Apple picking and going to sox games and staying on top of work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment