Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Spring Break 08

While some went to Cancun, my roommate to Miami and my other here with her boyfriend...I was off sailing away to Cape Cod. Actually, I flew, but that is where I spent the majority of my break. From Wednesday to Saturday I spent time on the charming little island/bay/ long strip of land in Harwich with Jo-Ellen, Halle and Todd. Jo-Ellen is MJ's cousin who grew up in New Jersey and no lived there with Todd and Halle, an adorable almost five year old.
I arrived by plane in Providence to a nice little airport. The views were beautiful over the water with all the sand islands everywhere along the coastline. We drove an hour and a half up to about the mid coast of the elbow shaped land. Jo has a beautiful new house that is almost done, so I got cozy in the cottage with the three of them. Very comfy! And I got to meet and help feed and pet her horses- Buster and the pony Holly. She is a feisty little thing. I would give them sugar cubes and she would push Buster out of the way, that little hog! Jo cooked amazing ravioli and we had an amazing salad and bread...what a great homecooked meal! Then on Thursday and Friday we toured around with Halle and her friend Olivia, who Jo was watching for a few days, around Province town in the very north and around all the hotspots..Catham, and we saw ship wreckage from like the 18th century and had the most amazing food. Between great sushi and Mahony's restaurant and chai teas, I was in the lap of luxury. We even had great weather while I was there and the day I left for the train station in Providence, to head to Philly, it rained. Sad. Yes, but I love the rain!
Here are some pictures!!
This is Jo and Halle


Here is the wreckage
Below is the courthouse building (or something I forget)




It was a really great trip and I will definitely have to see it in the summer and go back to Providence.

No comments:

Post a Comment