Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Me and My Bike adventures...

Ah people, I am so tired. So no one could drop me at the train station to go into barcelona today so I took the bike thinking oh this will be great. I can bike all around the city and say goodbye before I leave tomorrow. So I take the bike, we live on a high hill here just north of the city with a view of the ocean, very nice, but I am going downhill all the way which is nice but I get totally lost, well I didnt even really know how to get there in the first place, I was just like oh I will find it. So 20 easy minutes later I am at the station...i have to sneak my bike in because I am pretty sure you cant bring your bike through the little entry doors that open and close a little too quickly after you put your ticket in, then I ride around the city for 3 hours and leave at 4 just in enough time I think to be back at home for when the girls come at 5pm from school. By the way, the whole time I was dodging tourists, and with a little luck and yelling, I managed not to hit anyone! I am very proud. So 30 minutes on the train on the way back and of course the only seat available with my huge red bike is one that is broken so I manage to wedge myself against the seat and my bike to sit, already super tired and hot. Then I was like oh I give up, I will take a taxi back to the house and put my bike in it since the way back is allllll up hill. Nope, not happening, no taxis. So I ride for a couple minutes then have to walk because its too twisty and turny, but the uphill road kept going forever. It was good that it was curvy because if I had saw the end of the road where I had to go, I would have stopped at the beginning and said "NO way in hell!" So after 30 minutes of walking and trying to ride my bike uphill and putting it in the easiest gear I could, I finally made it and now I am writing this after gulping down water.

It was a good day and I think I burned sufficient calories to make up for the rainy days I stayed inside...

Goodbye Barcelona...

No comments:

Post a Comment