Monday, September 14, 2009

Un Dia Llovioso

Rain, rain and more rain here in Barcelona...lucky that I LOVE it! I was inside my nice warm house while the girls were at school for the first day. I think all the mothers of Spain are rejoicing today since all kids all ages started today. I slept late, checked my email, watched the news, ate lunch and just waited for the girls to come home at 5. I know from 9 to 5 quite a day huh...but that´s what those trilingual schools are doing these days.

By the way, I decided for my birthday (Sunday September 20th) of having a small dinner party at a restraunt with some good friends: Steph, Cecily, Maile, Kelsey and Matty. Here is a little background. Steph and I lived together on the same floor freshman year and have been good friends since. She visited me in Spain when she was studying in Denmark and I have been to Jackson Hole Wyoming to visit her where she grew up. Cecily is from Maine, where I have gotten the chance to visit her, and we met freshman year, were very close sophomore year and then I was gone junior year in spain and DC then she was gone to egypt to study abroad first semester senior year but after that semester we met up in Paris (I was staying with my old roommate from DC Noemie) for New Years 2008. Then there is Maile who grew up with Cec and decided to come out to SF two years ago to go to Paul Mitchell Beauty school and she and I met up in London when I was in Spain, she had a school hair show, and I flew out for a weekend to see her and we always have a good time together, plus she always cuts my hair perfectly! And Kelsey and I met in Latin american perspectives Sophomore year and instantly became good friends, she is such a sweetheart and grew up in northern california. Then there is Matty...we studied in Spain together and he graduated a year ahead of me and now works in a PR firm in the city and is from Seattle- matt also came and visited me in DC adn is always up for fun.

So thats the bday party..I decided after my million parties I have had over the years I should keep it small, though I really had a hard time not inviting all my friends to dinner in Palo Alto.

But instead of gifts, I am asking my friends to hand over 22 dollars so I can donate it to the non profit of my choice. In light of recent events with my dog passing away, I am going to give the money to a dog rescue organization called Rocket Dog Rescue based here in the Bay Area. I really encourage adopting because like children, there are so many dogs out there in the world that need a home!

www.rocketdogrescue.org

Well back to my rainy day here...I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment