Sunday, February 28, 2010

Some Things Just Really Aren't Funny...

So, I have to tell you that today was a funny day, for me (so I am sorry if it is not funny to you!)

Today was the day of Girl Scout cookie delivery. Always a celebrated day in the Davey Household. So Anna, our neighbor kitty corner from our house is very adminant about selling as many as she can so she came over a few weeks ago and sold something like 10 boxes to us....though I am sure we would have bought many more if we we're concerned about the damage those thin mints can do. So Anna, a very precousious and stright-forward adorable 9 or 10 year old knocks on our door while her younger brother John stands waiting and her dad out on our driveway. She announces, Girls Scout Cookies have arrived and MJ and I run to the door excited to snatch them right out of her hands. So she hands us the box, yes a box is needed for our order, then somehow one of us brings up how and if we paid. I said I didn't think so and MJ said she though we had, but just as we put our cooking inside the doorway for safe keeping Anna blurts out something to the extent of YOU CAN'T KEEP THEM IF YOU HAVE NOT PAID as she take them back. Man, im all thinking bummer, we have to wait to get them until we pay and who knows how long that could be since everyone is running out of our house to Callan's lacrosse game- yes, unfortunately the cookies came at a bad time. But you should have seen Anna's eyes when she said we couldn't have our cookies until we paid. But that is not the really funny part...

Ten minutes later, after all is calm and my doofy coach of a dad realizes his son's lacrosse game is not for another hour, MJ yells from the entry way to the kitchen where I am that Anna took the cookies back again, after we had paid. My response
'WHAAAAT!?' in a loud screetch. MJ is just craxking up at this point and she tries to get out how funny my reaction was. Well I am in disbelief and really it wasn't that we did not have cookies but that after that whole debacle the paid for amazingly yummy girls scout cookies we taken back. I am not sure if you are familiar with MJs laugh, but it is huge and about half or more of the reason why this was all so funny. Because when she laughs, it is infectious, giant, wheezy or hysterical depending, and once she starts it is hard for all of us to stop.

So point being, Girl Scout Cookies arrived today!

Another funny incident was MJ calling me Narnia today and me aswering. Backstory: when callan was younger he used to call me Nonny (like Naw-nee) and so MJ comes up with derivatives all the time just on a whim and today on our family failed attempt to go to cosco, because it closes at 6pm on Sat. (yes this is my sad life at home),she calls upstairs to me: "Narnia are you ready?" and I answer plain as day, yes! Then I think about it and we were laughing at how she called me Narnia.

Sorry that last one was really not funny, you had to be there, or...i guess you had to be me.

Well, I better quit while I am ahead.

One more thing. Quote of the day.

"He is a really bad singer!" - Audrey, 7, talking about the pring in Snow White.

No comments:

Post a Comment