Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Devon to Kenya!

I have had such a good send off!!
From Sunday morning watching the world cup final and celebrating Spain's win at my supervisor's baby shower in Alameda it was a great start to the day. I got to hang out with a friend and coworker Beth and then meet other friends for a glorious day at Dolores Park- Cecily who just moved back from Kuwait and Tini who I have not seen in ages...good times catching up. Then I met Kate for and Indian dinner at Dosa's on Valencia and 21st.

Monday was great as well I went to Frijtz and had a yummy tuna salad with two coworkers and then dinner with my former supervisor Veronica from when I was a Resident Advisor- we had pupusas at La Oxaquena, mmmmm. So good to catch up with these people. Then Today I had lunch with Beth at Cha-Ya a Japanese Vegetarian place with yummy sushi and seaweed salad (but no onions right beth!) and worked late with Corey in our office and came home to pack for such an exciting trip.

People- I AM GOING TO KENYA AND THE UKRAINE!!!

I am so excited so see my brother for a couple days after one and a half years! Then I will be participating in the strategic planning conference with Akili Dada, an organization I have been interning for since september that funds secondary education for impoverished brilliant girls in Kenya!

I have my converter, my flip camera, my passport, immunization (I won't be getting Polio in this lifetime), undies, malaria pills and I AM SET!!

more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment