Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Freedom!

Surprisingly this holiday weekend has turned out pretty well, despite a few key factors. Let us begin with a horrible day for me on public transportation starting Friday morning with a 2 hour, 4 transfer ride, and door jam on Caltrain and Bart to get to 16th and Mission for work. Then once at work I left early to catch a flight that I did not make. Since I fly standby, there is a chance that I cannot get a seat. So trying to fly out to Kansas for the long weekend to see my Aunt, Uncle, and cousin sadly enough did not happen- who knew all these people were flying to Kansas!? After waiting 3 hours and 2 flights that i missed later, I took Caltrain home once again. I thought to call my aunt and uncle in redwood city to see what they were up to this weekend since my parents are out of town in Montana with my Aunt and Dad's brother. So lickity split invited me over for veggie pizza and a movie (based in Sweden called As It Is In Heaven- it's really good!) and that was the start to a good weekend. Saturday I got up and went for an hour long hilly hike around the dish in the hills north of Stanford (man am I sore today!) and then did stuff everyone catches up on during the weekend...emails, calls, tv you know, then had a date Saturday night which was fun! OMGosh I watched the Spain Paraguay game too which was FABULOUS!! Go Spain!! Sunday morning, today, I went to the Glide Celebration (the multi-service organization in the tenderloin I worked for last year) where they preach unconditional love and acceptance. Love it! I am going to do a little work watch some fireworks and probably venture our into nature again tomorrow! Definitely a good weekend so far, but I cannot help missing my family! Especially you john!

As a side note you all know the song America the Beautiful right (it has been proposed many a time to replace the Star Spangled Banner)!? They will be playing it across American in churches today, some churches that ironically don't believe in gay rights, but Katharine Lee Bates, an English Professor at Wellesley College, in 1895 wrote the song and she was actually gay!!

So yay to the song American the beautiful!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiHS1M-FVbs&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment