Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Camping en Los Volcanes

Friday I met a coworker of Susana (my good Mexican friend here) and she invited me to camp with her family where there are albercas (hot volcano water). I was thinking some sleeping bags, eating together, swimming and hiking up one of the mountains- only to find out that all of that would happen except for the sleeping bags. We definitely didn't sleep. The family- uncles, cousins, kids, grandparents and everyone didn't sleep the entire night, they were bathing in the water, eating, drinking, dancing, singing with loud loud music the entire time (I ended up passing out in the camioneta/little truck for a couple hours). It was nice and cool there, compared to GDL now. It was so much fun, we had refried bean sandwiches for dinner and corona and sandwiches in the morning- pretty typical. It was so much fun and I could definitely see my life here for a while leaving the city on the weekends, eating Posole and Gorditas and being with a huge Mexican family. Loved it! and now pictures...















No comments:

Post a Comment