Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Piñatas and Sushi

This weekend was fun and much needed after a long week of working on the assessment of social work at CODENI. Friday I was working on my thesis (much needed since I had to turn in my proposal for what I am going to write before they can register me for school this year). I also had a nice hour long talk with my parents on Skype and caught up on everything.

Then Saturday I met up with Susana and we went to the center to buy a stick to hit the pinanata with and a gift for her one year old neice- she has five brothers and Aylin is the only granddaughter. After a couple tecate lights and some cake we went out on the town on Chapultepec, a popular area near the center of GDL. Its so nice to be driven in cars here, the bus and taxi are not the same! So susana and ramon, one of her brothers, showed me the best bars and places to go!

Then sunday was great, Susana and I went to her friend Claudia's for sushi- handmade by Claudia! She has the cutest dog named Bruno, who reminds me of Bailey (size and same puppiness).

I also saw a parade of mariachis going down the street Alcalde by my house and horses and traditional mexican dress- it was great. Next time I will bring my camera.








No comments:

Post a Comment