Friday, August 12, 2011

Happy International Youth Day!

UNESCO honors children today, August 12th, by recognizing youth's ability to foster change and be a good force in the world- something I entirely support.

Check out this article: http://bit.ly/qgh7gz

Finishing my first week in GDL working at CODENI. I created my assessment document of how to evaluate each program area for better integration with CODENI's theoretical basis and to increase efficiency and strengthen each area. I also created a manual template for each area to create to have a stronger basis of operation. I am excited to start with Workshops and Maria Luisa, the Coordinator next week. We will be preparing the workshops on participatory education of interaction and understanding of rights with the Media (based on what we learned in the conference last week) and will be giving two hour workshops for 15 kids twice a week until the end of September. I am really excited to get to know the coordinators and the org better (and next week the kids will be back since they were all camping this week).

After being in Mexico for 2 weeks everything is different about my life- food, people, apartment, friends and its all great so far. Here are some pics of my new life- all mixed up, some of CODENI offices and of my new apartment and of GDL!





















No comments:

Post a Comment