Saturday, July 18, 2009

Swimming and Harry Potter

On the first day I was too tired to go swimming with the girls so I said I would´t go but they made me promise to go the day after I arrived, on Thursday. I slept in late and decided to go into Barcelona to walk around a little and get to know the city better, since I had only spent about three days in the city a couple of years ago. It was great I took the train in and less than 25minutes later I was there at Plaza Catalunya which is right in the center of town near the gothic neighborhood which is where all the action is. After a little while I came back to meet Charo, the lovely cleaning lady, to pick up the girls from camp. They were so excited and all their friends knew who I was and they all called out my name when I arrived. So then right when we got to the house we went swimming. I helped put them to bed after dinner, we eat around 830 or 9 here and Felipe cooks really well. I have already had amazing lentils, fish, squid, salad....gotta love that mediteranean diet.

On Friday I went into Barcelona again and took the tourist bus aroudn the city and saw everything from Mont Juic to the olympic stadium and where FCB plays soccer to the Sagrada Familia. I had lunch at a favorite spot of mine from when I visited Barce last, and it is the only place the city where you can get bagels (because they are not very common in Spain) and i had a bagel sandwich a sat in the sun at the park near the store and read a newspaper...ideal. Then I came home and played with the girls (Moni and I made a pizza of dirt in the yard) and another amazing dinner and Felipe and Gemma went out to meet friends nearby so it was myfirst night of sitting and beign with the girls alone...they are a peice of cake. Besides the usual misunderstanding between english and spanish the listen to me very well.

Today, Saturday, I woke up at 11ish, since I am still jet a little, well actually I was up for two hours during the night reading since I couldn´t fall back asleep. Also, I forgot, it was really cute, the day before I gave the girls some coins from the US and Claudia said that she is going to use the coins when she comes to visit me. I thought that was adorable because she was so sincere, and at ten she knows what she does and does not want to do. Her english too is great, pretty much comparable to my spanish. Anyways, today I woke up late but we played and had lunch, noodles with tuna, and fresh organic fruit like tomatoes and peaches, and then went to se HARRY POTTER!!! Claudia, Gemma, and I went to see it and Felipe and Monica went to see Ice Age 3 in 3d. I loved Harry Potter and we saw in the original version in english which was great for Claudia to improve her english and of course I was happy. A fun family outing....

Stay tuned for more adventures tomorrow!

1 comment: