Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The week before MENORCA!!

This Saturday we are all going to Menorca, the island just just north of Mallorca in the Mediterranean. The family goes every summer and they basically go to the beach everyday and eat good food. Sounds like a nice new routine! Though our routine here in Tiana, right near barcelona, has been great too! The girls go to camp in the morning at 9 with their mom or dad and I sleep in, then I get up around 10 sometimes 11 (since I was still getting used to the time change (but not anymore even though I still sleep late)) then i either hang out in the house and read or write to you or swim or I go into barcelona on the train or walk along the beach as I did today, then I meet the girl at their club where they are at camp until 5 and we get picked up by either their mom or dad (the mom works in marketing and the dad as a financial advisor so they are both very well educated) and then we come home and eat a snack or I swim with them or play a game in the play room (today I played uno with Claudia which was very fun while Moni made me a bracelet), or we watch a little Disney channel but from 5 to dinner around 8:00 or 8:30 its our play time the dinner is usually lentils and fruit or squid or tuna and veggies like we had tonight. Then the girls take their camomile tea that their dad makes for them on the sofa watching Disney Channel again. I usually sit with them and translate some things into english...then either Monica reads to me or her mom.

Today Felipe´s parents came overfor dinner, they are from Girona, the costa brava, they talk so much and are such sweet people. Felipe and Gemma taught me the phrase ¨tiene mucho rollo¨ meaning one talks a lot sometimes in a bad way...funny, they were talking abuot the dad! or someone with buen rollo has good humor or is cool. I´m loving learning the idiosyncracies and phrases of the area!!

No comments:

Post a Comment