Saturday, March 13, 2010

kids, kids, and more kids....

Hey there, yes, my life the last couple of weeks has revolved around kids. I have been sitting non stop rotating all my favorite families and kids. I am not complaining, I really enjoy it and love seeing them grow, but the darnedest things really do come out of their mouths.

While with my fav little girls Auds and Court, we were driving back from piano lessons while listening to 95.7, yes country, and Auds blurts out "I dream of going to the olympics, getting married, buying a house and having twins." At 7 years old she is very ambitious! She said well at the olypics I will get really famous and have enough money to buy a house with a fence, then I will get married and have twins (which is funny because she has a sister and multiples do not run in her family!) Then Court chimes in and says well, I want to be a teacher and have one child and 7 dogs. She said the 7 dogs will make up for her childhood (for not having any pets she means during her childhood). At 10, I think she does know what she wants and she will make a great teacher!

Another family I sit for have two adorable little toe head girls who spent almost all the time I am with them in their adorable onesie pajamas with either little cupcakes or pink polkadots or little girls on them...even though I we spend the daytime together, I zip them up from toe to shoulders and they love their comfy booties and fully body flannel!

Dressing as princess forever would be fun huh? Well, for these other little ones, 5 and almost 3, that is their reality. Whether it's Belle, or Snow White, Sleeping Beauty or Princess Aurora, they are always in poofy dresses with tiara and little plastic high heels (well if you call .5 inches high for little girls). They love twirling, tapping, twisting, and turning and make great little princesses!







It is funny how adults seem to idolize childhood, whether always looking back to their own, or wanting to be like a kid responsibility wise or free spirit wise, or whether it is not having a worry in the world (besides who stole your candy at lunch or where your lovey is to sleep with- those are big issues for kids). Adults make childhood dreamy and exciting, safe and a whole magical world.

So these are just some of the reasons I love being with kids...

No comments:

Post a Comment