Saturday, March 20, 2010

Monday March 15th....A Good Day for the Daveys

A good day started at the DMV. Hard to believe, I know right! But it starts with my aunt buying a scooter that we are sharing while I am living at home, so you actually need a motorcycle liscense to ride a scooter and I was at the DMV waiting for 3 hours in line, after line, after line. After my experience at the RWC DMV when I was 16, having to take the permit again because they thought I cheated (when I actually ran into a friend there and I took the test first and said something like good luck to her and they failed me for "cheating") then when I took my license test, I hit a curb in my stepmom's minivan (hey it's a big car ya know) and so after that I am still not happy with that place nor do I think anyone is. Anyways, I took the M class permit test, and by the by they make you take the driver's permit test too that you have to pass if you have not taken it in the last 12 months, and after much review, thought, and double checking answers I PASSED! So who would have thought but now I can legally drive a motorcycle (or scooter!).

Then I get a call from the Development Director at Global Exchange, in regards to the Development Assistant position I applied to in the city. So she starts out, we loved meeting you, you had a great interview and you are definitely qualified for the position- and then my heart sinks- but it was a really tough decision and we decided to hire internally. So, what can I say, its hard to beat experience and knowledge about the organization, when I don't have that. How can you fault an organization for being loyal and hiring from within. But now the upside is that I was actually offered a contract position in the same department until summer. So, I am super excited to say that Global Exchange hired me and that I will be in the city working full time really soon. This is definitely what I have been looking for-- a great organization to work at that matched my long term career goals and that is in the city.

Check it out: www.globalexchange.org and support me by becoming a Global Exchange Monthly Sustainer and donating!!

While my plans to visit my brother in the Ukraine are canceled for now, I hope to see him in the summer and do some intense traveling then!

To top off the day, my little brother got his report card back with all As and Bs and we had a family dinner at Applewood!

Definitely a great day-- oh the luck of the Irish!! ps Happy belated St. Pattis Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment