Saturday, March 13, 2010

Prayers for Kaky March 2009

Growing up around family friends- the Simonsons, I had a lot of great women in my life. Kathy is the sister of one of my many mothers, Janet Simonson. She passed last year in March and I went to the memorial service with Mary Kane and Annie, other close friends who I was introduced to through the Janet. Janet knew my mom and I knew Kaky (Kathy Anne Belding).

http://prayersforkaky.squarespace.com/

Here is an amazing rememberance site. When Mary Heffernan, Janet's daughter, a close friend, and Kaky's god-daughter talked about her at the church last year, I thought a lot about my mom and the pain of losing someone. I could see what Emmy, my childhood friend and Kaky's daughter, was going through.

Here is Mary Heffernan, her mom Janet Simonson, and Kathy.

So the least I can do is post something about a great person.

February 23rd was my mom's bday and it is this time where I miss her the most.

2 comments:

  1. thanks Dev, you are so sweet. I think of your mom often too- she was a very special person. I see so much of her in YOU. I love catching up with you on your blog- we need a Lovejoys date soon to catch up in person too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks mare, its nice to hear that!

    ReplyDelete