Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Exploring Quito

Leslie and Lucia (26 and 19) the two younger sisters, took me out to the historic center of Quito in morning. We saw La Plaza de Independencia, La Ronda- a hip restaurant/music scene area, El Palacio Presidencial in the main plaza there and took like a 2 hour tour of La Iglesia Campania de Jesus with all gold inside. It was in spanish and the guy new so much about the church built by the indegenous for the jesuits in the 1600s. He answered all our crazy non-related questions. Fun, but the longest tour of a church I think I have ever had. It's nice because I speak in spanish with the girls and sometimes in english teaching them random words like Nosy. Then we saw El centro cultural and El Banco Central y La Plaza San Francisco with another beautiful white facade of a church.

From there, the girls left me and I walked all around the city's hills. With the altitude, I definitely get a little huff and puff going. So I walked around and sat in mayeb 5 churches just to rest and see the amazing architecture. For dinner I went to a really nice place called La Vista Hermosa with a friend then we went out to La Forge for a beer.

Here are some pictures of me and the girls in front of the Iglesia Compania de Jesus and some of the plazas.








No comments:

Post a Comment