Sunday, January 30, 2011

Back in the Game

It has been two weeks being back in Boston and living in the snow. I think it was charming and beautiful for the first week, then i got sick of wearing my snow boots every day and getting my apartment all wet and having to clean. But I am definitely adjusting and learning from my Maine/New Englander friends about how hard core they are and I get inspired not to complain. No, but I do like the snow- it's different for me and I am not one to get cold easily in general so that helps.

After my second week of classes I have my routine and am working out work and study schedules. It's great being able to take a course at BU but it takes up my whole day getting there, being in class for 3 hours, then traveling back home. I really like the feel of this semester, I have closer relationships at school and am still meeting new people which is so great.

This weekend, I am proud I made it out and about in Boston even with the snow everywhere! Friday night I tagged on to the Returning Peace Corps Volunteers Boston skating and bar outing. Kristina, my best friend, did Peace Corps Ethiopia and a lot of out friends (Rob- Ecuador/Paraguay, Terra- the Gambia, Bree- Ethiopia). It was great, I took the Brandeis van into Kendall Square and we did some skating with a big group- and I think we all fell at least once & I have a bruise to snow it! Then we walked over to a fun bar called Flat Top Johnnys. There were pool tables and tall tables to sit and chat at. I had my first Black and Tan beer and loved it! From there we had an adventure finding Luke's, Kristina's Boyfriend, truck. He was driving us home and that was quite the scavenger hunt, but we ended up finding it hidden in a snow bank!

Then Saturday I pushed myself to go out and meet some school friends on Mass Avenue. It was so nice to drive with my friend MIke instead of taking the bus! We went to a bar called Middle that had a fun dancing atmosphere. My adorable mexican friends Aileen and her husband Jorge were there celebrating their 2 year anniversary, so cute! They have the most adorable daughter who is 1.5 named Catalina. Then we headed to a place called the Prencint in Union Square, its a basement venue where my friend from school Ross was playing the drums in a band called the Painted Ladies. It was great to see him play and meet up with old friends and catch up. It was a great weekend with Heller friends- and it may be the last of its kind because I have so much work ahead of me and things are really getting intense. I have to contact more organizations for my practicum and solidify my summer plans....so we will see!



No comments:

Post a Comment