Monday, January 3, 2011

My first day in Quito




It has been great so far...I made all my flights (all day on Continental- I also met a nice Ecuadorian named Santiago) and a friend of a friend Melba picked me up at the airport and took me to her house where she lives with her family in Quito for a good night sleep. Safe and Sound.

We have breakfast- normally a jamon y queso sandwich but i skipped the ham and just had cheese and an egg and good juice. Then we headed to Las termas Papallacta which are hot springs in the Andes Mountains. We were practically up in the clouds it was beautiful. We went with the mom- Melba, three sisters- Melba, Leslie y Lucia, a cousin Francis, and Melba's boyfriend Carlitos. A windy clear ride up there then a windy rainy ride down at the end of the day.

Melba's family is beautiful and I really like them- I am really lucky to be staying with such great Ecuadorians and they are teaching me so much about the country and spanish- Mora is blueberries and despejada is clear- just for an example.

Loving the warm weather too- like 70! and I do love the rain at night.



No comments:

Post a Comment