Monday, September 26, 2011

DON'T FORGET YOUR EDUCATION and Tequila!

This last week was heavy for me- I had a lot of meeting with the educators and was in the street playing in the recreation/education area from 6-8 half the week. One thing I was reminded of when Elizabeth, my friend from my masters program at Brandeis reminded me of is not to forget my education and get caught up in what is happening and change who I am based on the situation I am in. Lesson number one to always remind myself, and now onto the fun weekend we had when she visited me from Mexico City which is about a seven hour bus ride away.

Friday we went to the water park with 60 kids from CODENI and spent the entire day there from 11-6 swimming (though a lot don't know how to), gonig on the tobagons, racing in the water and playing games. We were super pooped afterwards but still went out for dinner on Chapultepec at a great restaurant called La Nacional.

Then Saturday slept in a little bit and headed to the nearby market for Chilaquiles, beans, and eggs with tortilla for breakfast. I showed her plaza liberacion where we play with our kids at CODENI as a part of out activities and we walked around the center. It is much smaller and more manageable than DF (Mexico City) so I think it was a nice break for her. Then we headed to a district just outside GDL called Zapopan and walked around the market and center and headed home in time for our Bday celebration (her bday was the 18th and mine the 20th). Friends and coworkers came and my roommate Polo and his GF- dedinitely a good time with my good friend called Bohemia (beer!).

Sunday we work up early and Elizabeth Susy and I went to the town of TEQUILA!! How can I live in Mexico and not go to this amazing town. We were there all day and ate, drank and enjoyed ourselves. Pictures speak for themselves!



























No comments:

Post a Comment