Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A Chapter of Insipiring People

After my adventures and experiences from Cambodia and Thailand learning about devastating social issues, and Spain, experiencing Europe and Spanish, then to Washington DC getting to know my government and foreign policy and now to Nicaragua working in the sustainable development world, what else do I have to write about? I will be home in a month and go straight into boring Resident Advisor work in the dorms on my campus of University of San Francisco. So while looking for funds for my organization here in Nicaragua and realizing that my time here has reinforced my desire to work in public service abroad, I would like to start a new chapter of my blog writing about inspiring people in the past and present. This really started with my blog entry a few weeks ago about Maura Clarke, but I would like to continue writing about great activists and their contributions to soceity and humanity. So when I get back to the states I will start. I will just write about the people´s lives and what strikes me about their work.
Here is a primary list of inspiring people:
Hermana Maura Clarke
Ella Baker
Paulo Freire
Octavio Paz
Oscar Romero
David Batstone
Greg Mortensen
Jamie Zeppa
Dorothy Day
Paul Farmer
Olga Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment