Thursday, July 3, 2008

How Time Flies and How Traveling is So Much Fun

Already onto my next weekend adventure. This week I worked with Gabbie, the psychologist and Isabelita, the Director of my organization, and we had introduction workshops for the new women and children´s refugee house program that was just created. It will be great, we had meetings with psychologists and the new director of the house that will be educating and rebuilding the lives of girls who have been victims of violence and have no where to go. I have been really excited to be part of this project. After those workshops this week, on Friday I am really excited to take a school field trip with the primary students at the private school I work at. We are going to the Zoo in Managua, so that will be exciting. Also, tomorrow is the 4th of July and my friends and I plan on celebrating in Managua with some fireworks after work. I doubt there will be anything special going on here but we all feel like we should celebrate it. Then on Saturday, all of the interns in Nicaragua though FSD (about twenty in all) are meeting early in the morning to go to Jinotega, in the northe of Nicaragua, for a mid term retreat and evaluation. It will be an ice weekend visit to catch up with everyone and see how everything is going. After this weekend and all the excursions and festivities, I luckily have semester vacation from school and get the whole week off. Emily, who also works at a school, and I want to go to La Isla de Ometepe. It is supposedly like the 7th wonders of the world or something and is the largest island in a lake in the world I believe. So we will spend four or so days there, and it is pretty close to San Juan del Sur so who knows, mayeb we will go back there. Well, I am really excited about this next week and then when I come back from Ometepe, I will only have about three more weeks left! wow that´s wierd. I feel like I have been here a while, but could totally stay for longer....

Hope you enjoy the fourth of July!!

No comments:

Post a Comment