Friday, July 18, 2008

The Update!

So I am in Masaya right now and sooo much has happened. Ometepe was good I was with
emily and we had fun together and met a bunch of cute guys, Austrailians who gave us a ride from one side of the island to the other and another cute Nicaraguan who let us ride in the back of his camioneta (truck). There was not a whole lot to do and the weather was ok so we didnt really want to climb either volcanoes but we did do some hiking and went to ojo de agua, this little swimming water hole. Then wade and angie met us at monkie island an awesome hostel with a cute old nica man running it with his family and it was two dollars a night for stay in a dorm room, it was awesome.

Then i came home straight from ometepe and everyone else went to San Juan Del sur
because i had a fatty mirgrane. So i spent sat night in my bed crying,
i felt so horrible. i wanted to throw up even though my stomache didnt
hurt and i talked to my dad which was nice adn I felt a little better. Later that night Doña Maura gave me acetomenofin and i felt a lot better but it was really
really bad. then julie, the director of service learning at USF, the
woman who sent us here, came to Ciudad Sandino randomly. We knew she was in
managua and visiting but she was supposed to stay with emily the next
day. She is also a board memeber of FSD. so she ended up staying at my
house for 2 days, though and she doesn´t speak a lot of Spanish so i had to be with her helping communication. Then she saw my organization and fell in love and saw where jolie and em work too. She is awesome, a single woman who is almost 40 she runs marathons...So monday i painted a mural at the hospital in CS since we did not have class...well i spent the majority of my time painting a tooth on the ortho room. That was fun.

Julie said she thinks i have the best spanish and i was happy, but then
again she doesnt know spanish so i dont know how that works. then
monday when julie was with jolie and Emily, I went to masaya to shop and
take a break from CS. i got a shirt that says gallo pinto on it i love
it! I think it is super funny because gallo pinto is the traditional dish her and it is just beans adn rice, really nothing special but they have shirts with a picture on it. I also had the best pizza at the plaza with wade in Masaya.

what else...yesterday, thursday, the english professor didnt show up
so i took ALL her classes ALL day. it was amazing. i had no plans but
we worked on vocab and pronounciation playing games like hangman and
simon says. then with the older groups i just talked to them about my
life and the US adn they were all really interested. i was exhausted
after but it felt really good. i am really still trying to make the
most out of my job but it is hard, especially since my project did not get funded
and since i took all last week off. so i dont feel super productive.

Daniel Ortega is speaking at this huge plaza celebration tom. for the revolucion anniversary. I dont know if i wanna go, itll be hectic with drunk dancing people crowded together in the center of Managua. whats

hah there is this joke with my supervisor at the school, her name is Nelly, the director that she wants me to stay in nica she wants to adopt me and marry her son because i have lighter skin than his gf. LIghter skin her means you have more money, though that is not always the case, but it is what people generally think. I think that is one of the major reasons people always stare at me on the streets here. Same with any foreigner.

All my friends here all ask when I will come back and im like i dont know i havent thought about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment