Monday, July 7, 2008

La Cooperative Guadianes del Bosque

This weekend, all the interns took a six hour car trip to Jinotega, south of Managua. They told us it was cold there, but we didn´t know just how. We only stayed for about 24 hours (twelve of which I was sick throwing up, but I am better now) but we got to experience the real Mountains of Nicaragua. They were misty and beautiful with cow herds on the sides of the mountains grazing all day long. Everyone took a hike up to a waterfountain, though I was sleeping off my stomache bug or the bad food i ate, everyone said it was amazing. There was so much mud there too and it rains about 11 months of the year. It was great to see another part of the country but I was happy to come back home. Scarlet and Mauricio made the trip great too, they are the program director, Maria´s, kids. I have this week off, as mentioned before, so I will head to La Isla de Ometepe this week and meet up with everyone again on Saturday in San Juan del Sur which is about an hour from the island. Emily adn I are excited to see the lake the island is on and soak up the sun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment