Thursday, January 17, 2008

My first official day of classes!

WOW what a long day! I definitely learned more than one thing today though...you know how they say "you learn something new everyday." I had class this morning at 10:30, my Foreign Policy seminar, then almost ran to the metro at Tenleytown (the AU metro stop) to get off at Farragut North where I was meeting a friend of this woman and neighbor who I babysit for at home, Lynne. This woman treated me to lunch at the Mayflower Hotel on Connecticut ave NW in downtown DC. She gave me tips on internships and life in DC, and we talked about how we lived in Spain. She interned at the American Embassy in Madrid, very cool. Then I rushed back to the same classroom by my dorm from 2:30 to 5 class. Since we have a Whole Foods near campus I thought I would go and get a yummy salad and do some shopping for the room. Did that and ate a little then went off to my 6-8:30 class called International Children's Issues. My professor talks very fast, but she is very clear and we have a three week break in the middle of the semester since she and some other students, separately, are going to other countries with their seminars. It looks like it will be a great class, but the Peace Building and Conflict Management looks great too...hmmm what to do? Any suggestions? Then I came back to my roommates hanging out and to my nice litter dorm room! It was freesing today, literally maybe in the high 20's low thirties! It is definitely a change...oh my adventures

1 comment:

  1. Wow Devs! you certainly do have great adventures :) love reading your blog. have fun!!!! love, mare and Francie

    ReplyDelete