Saturday, January 19, 2008

Thursday and Friday 1/18-1/19

I woke up at 7:30 to go to breakfast with some friends who had class, then raced to the metro because I was enjoying my waffle, I made myself on the iron, for a little too long. I got off at Dupont circle and headed to N street for my first real interview. I was not nervous but all that night before I was a little restless. I interviewed with a non profit organization called Caribbean Central America Action. They work with Business and trade development in those two regions. I met the person I was corresponding with, an assistant program director, very nice, from Jamaica. Everything was great so far, then she tells me the President will be right in. WHAT? Ya, well that actually went really well, for not knowing I was going to meet with him. We spoke a little Spanish and he is from San Fransisco, so by the end I was confident in being memorable.

I got a little pick me up coffee then met my class at the Holocaust museum for a lecture about US foreign policy during that time period. After this man talked very slowly, but about interesting points, for two hours, we spent about three hours walking around the museum. It was amazing. They give such a realistic view of how a day in the life during the Holocaust was- from tapes of survivors to actual preserved daily items used int he concentration camps. The museum has an exhibit about Darfur as well, which underscores and reminds people about the phrase "NEVER AGAIN".

I was pretty drained when I came back for dinner. My roommate surprised me with free tickets to see 27 Dresses, since she interns at ABC. We ate quickly and went to the theater in Friendship Heights...it was very fun and she is so cute with her ideas of romance from the French perspective. Another great day... I always feel good after a productive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment