Friday, January 25, 2008

Visiting my City

I was home the 19th to the 21st with my friends and family. But before I went home, on Friday I had a great interview with the Operations and Human Resources Manager of Polaris, CJ, and came out so excited to intern with them (even though I had not completely decided yet). There are many things that make me smile, but really from the heart, for a good period of time, which is so rare and I was smiling on the inside for a while like that after meeting with him and after hearing about Polaris. So I flew home at a 7am flight the next morning home and my dad and little brother picked me up. Callan always gives me those huge around the neck jumping hugs which he calls "airport hugs".
Straight from home I went into the city to see family friends I met through the Simonsons, Mary Kane. I sat for her adorable kids- Robert who is 5 and Hannah who is 7 for a couple of hours. I brought my dog, since theirs just died and the kids love Bailey and we walked him with the kids taking turns holding the leash each block then went to the famous ice cream place Mitchell's in the Mission district. From the Mission I went to the Richmond district to see all my friends who live together. Cecily and I went to the East bay to pick up some of her stuff from her fam's for moving into her new apt. near school. Then a whole group of us went to North Beach for dinner. Then Sunday I babysatt for a neighbor down the street and had dinner with my family, grandparents and aunt and uncle, so it was nice to catch up with them. Monday I went into Roots of Peace, the landmines removal organization in San Rafael, the east bay. Then I met up with my friends Sammy, Kat and Kelsey. We played apples to apples at a nice cafe on Haight Street for a couple of hours on a typical San Francisco rainy day. Then hung out for a little while longer and I then said goodbye to my other friends around the corner, Cecily, Kate, Steph, maile and Mel who live together (except Steph). So I was really happy to see my friends for the first time since I left for Spain. It is hard not hanging out with them all the time like last year and having a long distance relationship, but it is all worth it in the end.
Here are some pics of my city...





My friends Sammy on the left and Kelsey on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment