Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I left my heart in San Francisco! But I love Bilbao!


So my parents just started sending me voice messages through emails and it is so sweet! I just download it from the email and hear their voices! Callan was talking to me through mj's cell phone and is so cute...he was teasing my dad that he is from the stone ages and has scars on his body was sword fights! oh 7 year olds!
I was excited to get one message from the fam, then I look down the page and get like 10, yah!! thanks. My parents just picked up Bailey, our dog, from my grandparents house since they were in Ney York for the weekend and my grandparents apparently counted that when I pick up my dog he is so excited to see me i get 12 jumps where as my dad only get 7! how funny is that!! I get 5 more jumps than dad huh! thats pretty exciting!
I have a picture of bailey as my background on my computer! ohh that furball!
I did some exploring yesterday with my two guy friends from California and we found a pastery shop that our professor told us about that is half off on tuesdays, so you can imaging how happy we were, especially since the guys try to cook their own food in their apartments and the euro is half as much more expensive as the dollar. There are plazas and parks everywhere! as well as churches and statues!
Walking to the pastery shop, and having to turn around a couple of times and look like extreme toursits with maps, we crossed a large playground. So this was about 6 or 6:30 when the light is still great like as if it were 3pm at home, and i swear all the kids in spain were outside. They are playing basketball and in their cute uniforms and with their families, but they were everywhere like a swarm of bees. The schedule here I figured out is pretty much two or so hours later. They eat lunch two hours later and go to bed two or more hours later, sadly enough, however, still wake up early in the morning for work and school (but then take the siestas)!
The weather is fabulous, it is nice in the morning with pretty clear skies then gets warmer around 1-5 and is about 75 degrees then cools off a little at night but not enough to need a sweater. People are in general pretty individualistic and private here and not very open or very friendly but they are extrememly freindly and flexible with their community. If they see people on the street they know they will go do something like drink coffee instead of coming straight home from work.
My host mom, Conchi is great about makign me feel at home and says this is my house and all that nice stuff but she is very blunt. She told me yesterday when i was going to be late to class and wanted to bring my banana and little cookies to school that if i eat on the street, i will never get married! Well i guess i am not getting married! Potatoes, olive oil, eggs, rice and alcohol are the most common ingredients in everything! I love it!
Hasta luego

No comments:

Post a Comment