Monday, September 24, 2007

September 20th

So my first Birthday abroad was a success! I had such a great time. So in the morning when I woke up I found a little arroz (rice) pastry on my plate with my breakfast made, like it is every morning, from my hostmom. It had a cute little pink candle sticking up out of it. She leavs for work before I leave for class, but that was nice and enexpected! The classes were normal but I was sung to in three different languages in front of everybody! English, Spanish and Euskera, which is the native Basque language here in northern Spain.
So I went shopping with my good freind Nikki and Andrea around the old quarter (Casco Viejo) and just walked around. After dinner, I went to my friend John's apartment, from San Francsico, and he had a little party there with the people we have been haning out with for the last three weeks. Tommorrow, Tuesday marks the third week I have been in Spain! Exciting! Throughout the day i got facebook messages, emails and happy birthdays all day which was very nice! So we had like three pastry cakes at johns and some wine to celebrate! I got a cute purse and neclace from John's adorable italian roommates. After that we went to a popular bar called Dubliners near the Guggenheim downtown and danced and talked! overall a great birthday, simple and around great people and in a great place, I am very lucky.

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEV~!! We love you and miss you, so glad you are so happy and loving it. Baby Francie made her appearance Sept 18 so just missed sharing your birthday! She can't wait to meet you :)

    love, Mare, Heff and Francie

    ReplyDelete