Monday, September 10, 2007

My first day of classes

As I learn more Spanish I find that my English gets worse! So I am taking a 10 credit Spanish course composed of a grammar, conversation and composition section. I like my Professor, his name is Francisco and he makes funny jokes in English, which is all he knows how to say. He says "oh god" in English a lot too which is hilarious in his accent. I am also taking a class called Europe in the world, as well as contemporary Spanish politics and civilization- although i have no clue what that latter will count for since i have a focus in Latin America in international studies, but that's okay.

The way people spend their time is so different here. On Sunday there is really nothing to do but sleep and go to candy stores (since they are the only stores open!) I met these two Italian girls who are my friend Jon's roommates...they are great, typical Italians. They dress up for class and speak like 4 languages!

So I start classes at 9 or 10 in the morning and then have a break for siestas from 1-4, which is always needed, especially since everyone comes back at like 4 in the morning on the weekends and stays up till 12 at night on weeknights!
Hasta luego!

1 comment:

  1. Devon
    Classes sound good....and so do you. Thanks for keeping us laughing as we enjoy your adventure along with you.
    Just got an email from Mary K booking another Lovejoy's meeting before Baby Heff''s arrival. We will tip our cups to you!
    love Janet

    ReplyDelete